Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tech Ed 2008

I am at Tech 2008 and have just attended the opening party which was above all things, blokey. Picture this - around 700 people, mostly male, mulling around, drinking beers and checking out some pretty cool new technology as well as some pretty old technology by way of classic arcade games. In sharp contrast to PacMan and Space Invaders, a Guitar Hero competition saw some very impressive hand-eye co-ordination. I am looking forward to attending a good variety of sessions, mainly focussing on development streams and unified comms. Tomorrow they are also hosting a women in IT luncheon which will be interesting, considering I think I spotted around 6 other women tonight. Looking forward to the party on Thursday night, although sadly I will have to leave the champagne drinking to those 6 other ladies.

2 comments:

Maria Nolan said...

Hmmm keeping true to the term nerdy...I would have definitely had a few rounds with Pacman!!

Robyna May said...

I would have if I could have gotten a table! Maybe better luck tonight at the party :)